Each Christmas season, Weddington Church partners with the Union County Christmas Bureau to adopt foster children, low income children, and special needs adults in our community for Christmas.
Our Angel Tree Ministry serves as an opportunity to make this Christmas season special and to spread the love of Christ with our neighbors. In addition, we offer the opportunity to donate individual teen gift items to love on this often overlooked group of children. We invite you to prayerfully consider adopting one of our 450 angels from the Angel Tree, located in Helms Hall, or from the church offices during business hours. Angels will be available for adoption from November 6-November 27, and teen gifts will be accepted through December 4.
Thank you for adopting an angel(s) this Christmas.
Our Angel Tree Ministry, in partnership with the Union County Christmas Bureau, serves as an opportunity to make this Christmas season special and to spread the love of Christ with our neighbors. When you adopt an angel, you will receive a tag with the person’s name, age, and wish list of items. The gifts you provide will be for the recipient’s entire Christmas. A combination of clothing and toys for each person on your list is ideal. The Union County Christmas Bureau does not add to, or take gifts from, the items you provide. Wish list items are simply recommendations to go off of, not requirements, and each family can contribute what they are comfortable with.
- After you pick an angel from the tree, please officially adopt it by filling out the form linked here.
- Purchase gifts for your angel(s).
- Place all gifts in the plastic bag provided. DO NOT WRAP GIFTS.
- Ensure the angel tag is placed on the bag with the provided string. Every bag of gifts must include person’s first name, Family ID#, and Gift Tree ID#. Blank angel tags are available at the Angel Tree outside the Sanctuary on Sunday mornings, or at the church offices, if you need additional tags for a second bag, or for larger items such as a bike. It is optional to include a gift card for food, a Christmas card/note from your family, and/or a roll of wrapping paper and tape. Gifts are to remain unwrapped inside the provided bag, but you may include the wrapping products for parents who receive these bags for their children.
- Return the bag of gifts at one of the following drop off times: ○ Saturday, December 3 at the FELLOWSHIP HALL from 10am-4pm ○ Sunday, December 4 at the FELLOWSHIP HALL from 9am-1pm ○ WMC Church Offices Monday-Thursday from 8:30am-5pm, or Friday from 8:30am-12pm
To accommodate the growing ministry, gifts will NOT be collected during Sunday services. We appreciate your understanding.
ALL GIFTS MUST BE DROPPED OFF NO LATER THAN SUNDAY, DECEMBER 4TH. Thank you very much for your contributions to this ministry, but more than that, thank you for giving hope to those who need it this Christmas.
We invite you to serve with us during our Angel Tree Ministry season. For more information, or to sign up, please click here.
About 2,000 children and adults are adopted and receive their Christmas wish list through the Union County Christmas Bureau each year. Another 4,800 others are invited to the Bureau to pick out a couple of gifts from donated items. Historically, there have not been many gifts for the teenagers to choose from.
Our hope this Christmas is to be able to provide additional teen gifts to be distributed through this portion of the Union County Christmas Bureau’s ministry. If you feel led, please bring unwrapped teen gifts and place them in the barrels located in the FLC and Helms Hall on Sundays in November, or to the church office during business hours.
Helpful Gift Ideas
- Apparel Items (hoodies, flannel shirt, sweatpants, fuzzy/fun socks, fleece or flannel pajama pants or sleep sets, blanket scarf, beanies, gift cards for clothing and sports apparel, plush/sherpa/fleece blanket or throw)
- Accessories (claw clips, jewelry, purses, backpacks, and water bottles)
- Electronics (speakers, string lights, LED light strips, electronic games, chargers, and charging stations)
- Personal Care Items (makeup bags, hair accessories, makeup accessories, Bath & Body Works items, and shaving supplies)
- Entertainment (craft kits, pens, fidget toys, board games, cards, footballs, basketballs, and soccer balls)
For more information, contact the Local Missions Team.