Thank you for your interest in employment with Weddington Methodist Church.
Weddington Church is offering an exciting opportunity for an individual who is passionate about combining their financial expertise with a ministry-focused role. As the leader of finance and accounting operations, you will play a vital role in ensuring the long-term growth and stability of the church. Reporting to the Senior Pastor and collaborating with the Executive Director of Operations, you will provide financial guidance to committees and program staff, contribute to the development of policies and procedures, and make a meaningful impact within our faith-based community. If you hold a degree in accounting, possess financial management experience, and have a strong desire to serve in a ministry setting, this position offers a rewarding path to use your gifts in support of the church’s mission.
- Degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- Financial management experience required.
- Human Resource/Benefits Administration experience.
- Broad knowledge of accounting principles.
- Experience in supervising staff.
- Experience in a church setting is preferred.
- Computer Skills and experience with financial and database programs (ex: ACS or Automated Church Systems, Microsoft Office, etc.).
- Acceptable Criminal Background Check and Credit Check.
- Provide leadership and management of all aspects of the church’s financial health and long-term growth.
- Assist in the development of policies and procedures.
- Exercise extreme confidentiality in all circumstances.
- Attend Church Council meetings, providing financial and administrative reports and leadership.
- Attend other teams or committees as requested by the Senior Pastor.
- Attend staff meetings for program and leadership staff.
- Be available to assist the Senior Pastor, Program Staff, and committee members.
- Serve as Treasurer for the Church and Corporation.
- Oversee accounting functions for the entire church ministry including Weddington. Methodist Church, Weddington Christian Preschool, and Weddington Christian Academy
- Supervise accounting staff.
- Prepare financial reports and make recommendations to the finance committee, leadership teams, and program staff.
- Assist clergy and program staff members with developing and working within ministry budgets. Compile annual operating budget and present to Finance Committee.
- Oversee recording of all receipts.
- Oversee the annual financial audit of the church and schools.
- Oversee processing of accounts payable.
- Benefits administration.
- Attend meetings of the Committee on Finance providing reports and guidance.
- Member of Weddington schools Boards.
Personnel and Other Administrative Responsibilities
- Provide evaluations and compensation recommendations to the Senior Pastor and the Staff-Parish Relations Committee on supervised employees.
- Periodically review wage and salary structures, personnel practices, and fringe benefits, as related to updated IRS regulations or new employment laws and make recommendations to the Senior Pastor and the Staff-Parish Relations Committee.
- Advise Senior Pastor and the Staff-Parish Relations Committee on issues of compliance with and recommend updates to the church’s Employee Handbook.
- Oversee personnel functions including maintenance of personnel records, coordination with outside payroll services and benefits including negotiating benefit plan with related carriers as approved by Staff-Parish Relations Committee.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more and submit your resume for consideration.
Weddington Methodist Church is seeking a passionate, mission-focused individual with a meticulous eye for detail and passion for creating compelling content. The Communications Project Manager is a full-time staff position, reporting directly to the Director of Communications. The position is responsible for implementing the latest marketing trends and tools to tell the story of what God is doing through Weddington Methodist Church.
- Review communications requests and transform them into actionable project plans and timelines
- Manage projects end-to-end, ensuring all campaign tactics flow efficiently between teams
- Build relationships and work alongside ministry leads to maintain an internal status report of all active projects, communicating the status of each job and identifying current/potential workload challenges
- Gather, edit, and format content for print and digital media (worship bulletins, lobby monitors, banners, announcement slides, signs, mobile app, etc.)
- Follow the church’s editorial content calendar to write and publish compelling content on Facebook, Instagram, website and other platforms as needed
- Maintain church website, app, and streaming platforms, refreshing content and visuals regularly
- Use SEO strategies to increase website traffic, improve ranking and recommend strategies to improve user experience
- Produce compelling video content for worship services, social media platforms and website
- Participate in staff meetings as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in advertising, communication, marketing or related field
- Minimum 2 years of experience in marketing/advertising project coordination
- Superior project management, communication, copywriting and editing skills
- Understanding of advertising and marketing strategy; creative, photography/videography, print production, traditional and digital media
- Hands-on experience with web publishing, SEO and analytics
- Proficiency using Mac and PC, WordPress, and other project management and marketing technology platforms
- Event marketing experience preferred
- Marketing agency experience a plus
Please contact email@example.com to submit your resume for consideration.
Weddington Methodist Church is seeking a part-time employee to help prepare and serve lunch, 10 a.m.–1 p.m. on Thursdays and Fridays at Weddington Christian Academy. If you have a servant’s heart, enjoy working with children – and don’t mind washing dishes – we’d love to welcome you into this special ministry to lovingly serve our students. Please contact Ruth Cooley at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Join the dynamic team at Weddington Methodist Church as a part-time Children’s Ministry Associate, where you will have the incredible opportunity to make a lasting impact on the lives of children and their families. In this role, you will lead engaging discipleship programs and create a nurturing environment for children to develop a lifelong relationship with Jesus Christ. With the support of a dedicated team, you will empower volunteers, collaborate with parents, and contribute to the growth and spiritual well-being of our church community.
- Cultivate your personal and spiritual life while guiding others on their faith journey.
- Provide compassionate pastoral care, building meaningful relationships with children and their
- Equip and empower parents with the tools and resources to lead their families spiritually.
- Collaborate with the Children’s Minister to identify and address the needs of children and their families, making a tangible difference in their lives.
- Design and facilitate captivating Sunday afternoon children’s programming, special services, and seasonal events.
- Lead engaging Wednesday night programs during adult meetings, ensuring children are actively involved and inspired.
- Coordinate exciting summer programming, including weekly meetings and fun events that create lifelong memories.
Safety and Team Management:
- Implement and ensure compliance with comprehensive Safe Sanctuary policies, prioritizing the safety and well-being of children and volunteers.
- Maintain a secure physical environment in the children’s area, creating a safe space for learning and growth.
- Provide visionary leadership to a team of caregivers and servant leaders, empowering them to deliver impactful ministry experiences.
- Recruit, train, and support paid caregivers and volunteers, fostering a collaborative and enthusiastic team spirit.
Planning and Administration:
- Collaborate with servant leaders to develop and implement innovative children’s programming that captures their imaginations and nurtures their faith.Create and maintain a well-organized calendar of events and activities, ensuring seamless coordination and communication.
- Thoughtfully select and implement age-appropriate curriculum in coordination with the Pastoral team, fostering spiritual growth and development.
- Regularly evaluate program materials, equipment, supplies, and space to ensure an optimal learning environment.
Record-Keeping and Attendance:
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date information on all children, including allergies, contact details, and any special needs.
- Track attendance using secure and efficient practices, such as sign-in/out procedures and security tags, giving parents peace of mind.
Integration and Staff Collaboration:
- Integrate the children’s ministry with the overall mission and goals of the church, ensuring a cohesive and impactful approach.
- Collaborate closely with church staff and leaders to plan and execute diverse and meaningful programs for children.
- Actively participate in staff events and meetings with the Pastoral team, fostering a collaborative and supportive work environment.
- Oversee the recruitment, hiring, scheduling, and evaluation of paid childcare servants for Sunday afternoons and Wednesday evenings, ensuring a nurturing and caring environment.
- Provide childcare for other church events based on the church calendar and class schedule, supporting the needs of the church community.
- Embrace Jesus as Lord and Savior, living out Christian values in your daily life.
- Demonstrate a genuine passion for meeting the hopes and needs of children and their families.
- Showcase effective leadership and organizational skills, enabling you to plan and implement
impactful ministry programs.
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree with experience in children’s ministry in a church setting, or possess training in Christian Education, Early Childhood Education, or Child Development. Current students in Christian Education classes are encouraged to apply.
- Spanish language skills are a plus, but not required.
- Exhibit an unwavering love for children, exemplifying Christ-like love, compassion, and patience.
Please send your resume and references to Carolyn Nelson.
Weddington Methodist Church has an opening for a part-time Special Needs Coordinator for our HISkids program designed for children age 4-12. This position is an integral part of The Ark Children’s Ministry and is responsible for providing Biblical leadership, support, and encouragement to the community of Weddington Methodist Church. Ability to develop a team of leaders, mentors, and buddies who will disciple our students, coordinate curriculum, develop and maintain policies and procedures that ensure safety of children and staff, and other duties. Must have special needs training and experience working in a special needs field. Availability includes Sunday mornings, one weekday morning, and possibility of an evening throughout the week. If you are interested and feel you are qualified for this position, please email a cover letter and resume to Carolyn Nelson.
The Ark at Weddington Methodist Church has an opening for a part-time Childcare Coordinator to oversee our nursery on Sunday mornings and childcare needs throughout the week. This position is vital to the ministries of The Ark and will focus on providing loving care by well trained, spirit-filled individuals.
Responsibilities will include supervising a team of wonderful ladies, scheduling caregivers for Sunday mornings, studies, and events throughout the week, training caregivers and recruiting additional caregivers when needed.
This position will work closely with the Children’s Pastor to develop a strong team to meet the growing needs of our church. Availability on Sunday mornings, Sunday evenings, Wednesday morning and evening, and Friday mornings are required. Additional evenings may be needed so flexibility in schedule is important!
If you are interested and feel you are qualified for this position, please email your resume and references to Carolyn Nelson.
Noah’s Nursery is looking for energetic and enthusiastic workers to join our team! Our nursery has 3 classrooms: infants, toddlers, and 2-year-olds. Work hours are Sunday mornings from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. with competitive pay. Caregivers must be 19 years old or older and submit to a criminal background check. We would love to have you join our team if you love little ones, have a passion for being the hands and feet of Jesus, and are responsible and kind. If you are interested, please contact Carolyn Nelson, Children’s Pastor.