Welcome to the Weddington Methodist Church website.
Weddingtonchurch.org (“Site”) and its affiliated websites are operated by Weddington Methodist Church (“Church,” “we,” “us” or “our”) .
The Church may provide, or third parties may provide, links to other websites or resources. Because the Church has no control over such websites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that the Church is not responsible for the availability of such external websites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such websites or resources. You further acknowledge and agree that the Church shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such website or resource.
You may not: (1) modify the Site, (2) publish, display, disclose, rent, lease, modify, loan, distribute, or create derivative works based on data on the Site or any part thereof without the express written permission of the Church, (3) remove, obliterate, or cancel from view any copyright, trademark, confidentiality or other proprietary notice, mark or legend appearing on the Site, (4) reverse engineer, decompile, translate, adapt or dissemble the Site, nor shall you attempt to create the source code from the object code for the Site without the express written permission of the Church, or (5) assign the license for the Site.
Personal Information and Interactive Features
Certain features of the Site may require you to register personal information and obtain a username and password from the Church. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account number and/or password. You are responsible for all uses of your account, whether or not actually or expressly authorized by you.
To enable the Church to protect our constituencies and respond to respective needs and complaints, you consent to Church employees being able to access your account and records on a case-by-case basis to investigate complaints or other allegations of abuse. The Church shall not disclose the existence or occurrence of such an investigation unless required by law.
All interactive communications (email, chat, discussion boards, etc.), even though intended for a private audience, are subject to public access. Although the Church reserves the right to remove without notice any bulletin board posting for any reason, the Church has no obligation to delete content that users may find objectionable or offensive.
You agree not to use the Site to:
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, pornographic or sexually explicit, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable to the Church.
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available content that violates laws or regulations designed to protect minors;
- impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, the Church webmaster, forum leader, guide or host, of falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person on entity;
- forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any content transmitted through the Site;
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary right (“Rights”) of any party;
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or any other form of solicitation.
- intentionally upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses, or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware on telecommunications equipment;
- disrupt the normal flow of dialogue, cause a screen to scroll faster than other users of the Site are able to type, or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users’ ability to engage in real time exchanges;
- interfere with or disrupt the Site or servers or networks connected to the Site, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Site
- intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, including, but not limited to, regulations promulgated by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, any rules of any national or other securities exchange, including, without limitation, the New York Stock Exchange, the American Stock Exchange or the NASDAQ, and any regulations having the force of law;
- stalk or otherwise harass another, or
- collect or store personal data about other users.
The Church does not condone copyright infringement and will not tolerate such infringement by its users. Accordingly, the Church may, in appropriate circumstances and at its discretion, disable and/or terminate the accounts of users who may be infringing the intellectual property rights of others.
You understand and agree that the Church’s services are provided AS-IS. The Church assumes no responsibility for the timeliness, deletion, mis-delivery or failure to store any user communications or personalization settings.
YOU UNDERSTAND AND EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF CHURCH’S SERVICES ARE AT YOUR SOLE RISK, THAT ANY MATERIAL AND/OR DATA DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF CHURCH’S SERVICES IS AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF SUCH MATERIAL AND/OR DATA.
EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY SET FORTH ON OUR WEBSITES, CHURCH DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY
WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON- INFRINGEMENT AND IT MAKES NO WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION REGARDING THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE CONFERENCE’S SERVICES, REGARDING THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH CHURCH’S SERVICES OR THAT CHURCH’S SERVICES WILL MEET ANY USER’S REQUIREMENTS, BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR FREE.
CHURCH WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OF ANY KIND RESULTING FROM THE USE OF OR THE INABILITY TO USE CHURCH’S SERVICES, RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTION ENTERED INTO THROUGH CHURCH’S SERVICES, RESULTING FROM LOSS OF, UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF A USER’S TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA OR FOR THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLES, EVEN IF THE CONFERENCE HAD BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
Intellectual Property Permissions
Except as otherwise expressly permitted under copyright law, you agree not to reproduce, retransmit, disseminate, sell, distribute, publish, broadcast or circulate the information received through the Site to anyone, including, but not limited to, others in the same company or organization, without the express prior written consent of the Church.
If you believe that content you own has been copied and made accessible in a manner that violates your intellectual property rights, please notify us immediately. You may submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) by providing our designated agent, Alison Cardwell, at 13901 Providence Road, Weddington, NC 28104 or email@example.com, with the information required in 17 U.S.C. § 512(c)(3). In appropriate circumstances, the Church will terminate the accounts of repeat infringers.
The Church name, logo and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans are trademarks of the Church, or its affiliates or licensors. You must not use such marks without the prior written permission of the Church. All other names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans on the the Site are the trademarks of their respective owners.
Tax Exempt Status
The Church is a qualified 501(c)(3) tax exempt organization under Internal Revenue Code.